Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have has acid reflux for a number of uears but lately I

Customer Question

Hi, I have has acid reflux for a number of uears but lately I have begun to feel uncomfortable (not painfil) just under the shoulder blade. In addition I have an uncomfortable feeling in my chest on the left and just below my rib cage on the left. I have a scratchy throat and my voice is moderately hoarse afer a few sentences of speech and constantly nauseus bu never vomit. I have occasional diarrhea but usually my stools are firm and medium brown in colour. My urine is sometimes dark brown. The sensations worsen after drinking a hot beverage and eating I currently take 40mg Emozul daily as well as Alloprinol (200 mg), Bisoprolol Fumerate (5g), Simvastin (40mg) and Disperible Aspirin (7mmg) all daily. I have been diagnosed as having a small hiatus hernia and had an aortic valve replacement 10 years ago. I gave up smoking 20 years ago and stopped drinking 3 days ago. I am concerned the symptoms could be arising from my pancreas.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, have you used Bisoprolol or anything similar before?
Customer: I have been taking bisoprolol for about 5 years.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the hernia?
Customer: No it was diagnosed when I had an endoscopy 4 or 5 years ago to investigate similar but less severe symptoms
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: That's it... many thanks.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

I understand your concern and I thought of asking you some questions regarding the heart - but as I was reading through - you gave me a clinical point that the symptoms worsen after a hot beverage.

nevertheless - I would still like to rule out heart issues - I may ask you some questions as I am not able to physically examine you.

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Are you experiencing any loss of consciousness?

3. Is there any breathlessness even after mild exercise?

4. Is the chest pain or pressure radiating to the left hand and left jaw?

5. When the chest pain occurs are there any palpitations which you are experiencing or is there any excessive sweating also?

6. How frequently are you experiencing these symptoms and since how long?

7.Does crowded environment and too many people or stressful situations aggravate the symptoms?

8. Is there any swelling of the feet?

9. How is your urine output?

10. Do you feel these pain symptoms associated with stress and anxiety?

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 1 year ago.

Hello?