neurosurg
neurosurg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  US MD
206912

After a lot of sitting and little exercise for last three

After a lot of sitting and little exercise for last three months I am experiencing aches and pain in thigh muscles and groin and weakness when walking. Any advice?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the pain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Over last few weeks, have taken a little ibuprofen.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: No, have been self isolating due to my age, 85 but before isolation I had no problems
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had no serious health issues.

Hello -

Does this pain seem to get better immediately when sitting?

Do you find yourself leaning forward while walking for relief?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this possibly be because I sat still for such. Long time without exercise?

Well, the fact that you have pain that radiates in the groin, thighs, and this worsens with walking, this sounds like "neurogenic claudication" -- e.g. pain when walking because of "pinched" nerves in your lower back.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/spinal-stenosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20352961

I would discuss this with your doctor, and see if physiotherapy would be helpful here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for help

You're welcome.