Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I am losing loads of hair? and I can’t get in my doctors, I

Hi I am losing loads of hair? and I can’t get in my doctors
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I not taking any medications and no because can’t get in my doctors due to covid 19
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I don’t take any medication and no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for your question. Please can I ask your age? when this started? and is this all over your body, your head only, and if your head, is it thinning of the hair or patches of hair loss?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 22 years old and it’s been like this for about 3-4 weeks now and yeah my pubic hairs aswell and no thinning and no patches
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (213LVG5)

Thanks. So hair loss all over is likely to be a stress response, therefore increased stress/anxiety/depression can cause it. However it would likely be reversible. If however this is not the case, or you feel it is unlikely then it would be wise to have a blood test to check you thyroid function as hypothyroidism cause cause this.

Finally if this is associated with itchy areas of hair, this could be suggestive of an overgrowth of a fungus already on the skin, if so, it would be worth using ketoconazole shampoo which you can get from a pharmacy without a prescription

I hope that is of some help, please feel free to ask any questions, please could you also kindly rate my response to your question, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am they check in December or January
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had my thyroid function check in December or January
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (M3Z3232)

That is a blood test for FBC, ESR and Ferritin, not a thyroid function test

It also shows no result of those above either, is this just the request form?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah they were from last year in December
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are them blood test for then

I see. Please kindly rate my response in explaining the causes of possible hair loss. I will then document what blood tests I suggest you should organise.

Please do let me know, I am logging off in 20 minutes. If I receive a response then I will be emailed to will reply to you this evening, otherwise this will roll onto tomorrow, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lose hair when in shower and when running my finger through it, and wake up with it on my pillow in the morning, I don’t know if this is normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what were them other blood tests I sent you

Those blood tests would only show if potentially you have iron defiency and if there is a likely autoimmune case. However you showed no results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about my hair then

What about your hair? I have explained the causes with possible treatment options. I am happy to explain the investigations required and go into further detail, but this takes time. Please could you kindly rate my answer to your original question and I would be happy to continue advise you so that you aware the next steps, beyond what I have already explained

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I need do

Thanks, ***** ***** to click on the stars that should be at the top of the thread

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I need do about my hair then

Please let me know once you have rated my response

This allows me to be credited for replying to you. If not, please start a new thread so Just Answer can start a new billing for you.

Unfortunately this is not free healthcare advice and I have others who are happy to continue to rate and pay for advice.

The rating allows JustAnswer to share a percentage of what you have paid them.

Best of luck

Good evening, was my advice of any help to you? Please could you kindly rate my response, but feel free to ask anymore questions, thanks