Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DNB
19010125

Itchy and red face, last Wednesday, my doctor prescribed

Itchy and red face
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, when did the itchiness first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: last Wednesday, my doctor prescribed antihistamine but they haven’t worked
JA: Thanks for that. When was their last visit to a dermatologist?
Customer: august
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in their medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: like what?

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and please ignore these requests. I would prefer discussing your concern through chat.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it using the paper clip sign just above the space where we are typing

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

In case you cannot send a picture, please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, three pictures attached. I’m not sure if you can see but it is more round my eyebrows and cheeks below the eyes

Thanks for the pictures. i will review them and get back to you in 5 - 10 mins with my recommendations.

hello

Thanks for your patience.

It seems to be rosacea, rosacea is a condition where physical activity like exercise induces redness of the skin on the face.

Rosacea can be difficult to keep in check at times.

I would like to suggest the following modalities of treatment:-

1. metronidazole gel thrice daily is very effective.

2.. ivermectin cream once a day

3.. elidel cream twice daily.

You might require a prescription for these creams.

I understand that in the current pandemic, it may not be easy for you to get a prescription from your doctor. hence, i would recommend a few measures which should help:-

1. rosacea aggravates due to alcohol, spicy foods, smoking.

Hence i would request you to avoid all these.

2. Stress also aggravates it, recently we all have been stressed around the world. try some destressing things that you enjoy.

3. Sun or light exposure also aggravates rosacea. Its recommended to aplly a sunscreen before stepping out and also when you area at home as artificial sources of light can also aggravate it.

4. use a mild cleansing lotion like cetaphil.

5. moisturize your skin daily.

I hope my recommendations are helpful.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your response. This has only started since last Wednesday is that normal? Would it not of been present before then?

yes that is quite possible, I would recommend that you apply a cream for now to soothe your skin, bioderma anti redness cream twice a day for 10 days.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help I will definitely follow your guidance and see how I get on. Would you recommend making an appointment in the future with a dermatologist?

Wishing a speedy resolution of your concern.

I have released the rating service application on your page .Please do leave me a feedback for my opinion provided.

Dr kruti