Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I was just wondering whether I need to see my own GP to

I was just wondering whether I need to see my own GP to diagnose my anxiety disorders and sign me off work? I am being told I must return despite my mental health issues being exacerbated by the current pandemic and living with someone over 70 who is sheilding
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Have had anxiety for years and dealt with it with family support but old panic and OCD issues have gotten worse currently and I'm steiggling Struggling*
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My anxiety has never formally been diagnosed. It started when I was a teenager but other than a quick chat about it with my doc when I went for something else it's never been spoken about to a doctor as I manage it and am a very private person who finds it difficult to speak to people about it face to face

Good morning, I am Dr Elliot. It is correct that you would need to speak with your own GP about being signed off for work. I can support and advise you regarding anxiety, but I would speak with your GP, so that you have continuity for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem, I wish you luck with this. Please could you kindly rate my response to you - this is the only way JustAnswer acknowledge my resonse, thanks, ***** ***** (you can do this by clicking on the stars at the top of the page)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask whether severe anxiety and OCD is a reason for being signed off as my boss is being extremely nasty at the minute and keeps threatening occupational health. I work in a school and do not feel it is safe to return as they have risk assessed and stated social distancing cannot be maintained

Yes, of course, however it would be in your interest to be proactive in the management of this.

Please could you kindly click on the stars to rate my response to your question, thanks