Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a baby 9 months ago and I quit smoking 2 months ago

Hi there I had a baby 9 months ago and I quit smoking 2 months ago (started smoking again after I had my baby) I have noticed 2 weeks before my period and whilst I am on my period I feel extremely depressed, anxious I have terrible brain fog. I only have a week in the month where I feel myself. Is this related to my hormones? Or quitting smoking or a combination of both?

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since it is mostly around the period, it is most likely the hormones fluctuations but quitting smoking does play a role as well. I would suggest better see a doctor and get a hormone panel once to find the exact situation.

If you receive a phone call request, you can ignore it. It is sent automatically by the website and not by me.

I will continue to respond here after I receive your reply.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today.
Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the “Finish with Rating” button or selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave JA today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have spoken to the drs and explained my problem and they have put me on antidepressents to take 2 weeks before but I feel like they are just treating the symptoms rather than what’s causing it

Thanks for the reply.

I think you are right, you should get the hormone levels done at least to rule that out as if it is a hormonal issue then the cause should be treated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much

My pleasure.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also lost my taste and smell I had symptoms of covid around 8 weeks ago I wasn’t tested for it but I still have not got my smell and taste back, when will this come back?

That can be due to smoking cessation and most likely would be back in another 2 to 3 weeks.