Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have had pain in my lower gut now for 4 days. It is below

Good morning.
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I have had pain in my lower gut now for 4 days. It is below my naval to the right side. It is sore to the touch in that area and my stomach feels disbanded.My waterworks are fine & my bowel movements have changed, almost stopped. I have not eaten for over 2 days, as it caused sever cramping pain. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I am normally healthy. I don't think its something I've eaten, I have no diarrhoea or sickness. I am concerned I may have an appendix issue ?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the diarrhoea?
Customer: I do not have any Diarrhoea ?
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: Parracetermol for the pain. Doesn't help much ?
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am normally healthy and do not bother the doctors surgery a great deal.

Good morning.

What are your age and gender?

Do you have heartburn, constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, burping, tenderness on the abdomen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Male, 59 years old. I have loss of appetite, bloating, burping, VERY TENDER abdomen, below my naval to my right side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should not need to pay to talk to you doctor.

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to avoid coming into the surgery.

Your symptoms are suggestive of diverticulitis.

You may need a course of antibiotics, so you may consult at walk-in clinic or A&E.

You may need an ultrasound or a CT scan for the evaluation.

Meanwhile, the following would help you;

1) The liquid diet only.

2) Probiotics.

3) Ibuprofen.

4) A heating pad on the abdomen.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pain is on the right side, not the left. I am concerned it may be my appendix ?

Appendicitis definitely can be a possibility for your symptoms.

But in your age group, diverticulitis is more common.

No harm in getting a CT scan immediately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** need a trip to a walk in centre. END

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.