sofia khan
sofia khan, Doctor
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

What causes dizziness, On and off for about a month. A

Customer Question

What causes dizziness
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had dizziness? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: On and off for about a month . A reading lamp hit me between the eyes after that my vision wasn’t right and I had flashes in the corner of my eye s. then I got my first migraine.my vision improved.and I have had only one headache since. Thank you
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the headache?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am 80 in August ,and the only tablet s I take are vitamins
Expert:  sofia khan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician with specialist training in dermatology. I shall try and help you today with your query.

Basically there is a long list of things which can make you dizzy. Sometimes it comes relatively suddenly when you have problems with your ear such as viral labyrinthitis or when some people have a stroke at the back of the brain. The later constitute an emergency and should be seen to urgently. with that you develop problems with your balance and coordination as well.

if the dizziness has been coming gradually,it can happen due to problems with your blood pressure or pulse. Postural hypotension can make you feel dizzy. it happens when you try and get up too quickly. sometimes some ear problems can cause a gradual onset of dizziness such as meniers disease.

It is important for you to determine whether dizziness came on suddenly or gradually. For sudden onset dizziness, you must seek urgent help. for gradual onset dizziness, you can start by monitoring your blood pressure twice daily and keep a record of it and make an appointment with your GP for full examination.