Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I work for a pharamasutical company. And on Wed I cover from

Hi. I work for a pharamasutical company. And on Wed I cover from head to toe in a powder. Paracecol based but still not sure what is was. They did not follow any procedure at all and I was left it the room for 4 hours. It was in hair my skin and all over my clothes. .i was then sent home 4 7plus hours later and told to drive home. This has happened before to me and I was hospitalized. This was about 12 years ago. I did have an upset stomach about 5 hours later. And not sure if this was to do with what I ingested ..do a company have to follow and procedure regarding
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No As this was Wed it happened Only upset stomach but that could be just stress with the worry
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had taken 2 paracetamol in the morning as I have a trapped nerve in my back

I am sorry to hear about the problems that you faced,

I agree that there should be a proper protocol in place for such situations,

So, how can we, the medical experts, help you with this?
Warm regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I have been taken to hospital
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I have been left in my office with the contaminated bag for 4 hours

Certainly a complete medical evaluation with proper vitals and decontamination should have been done.

At the very least the medical staff should have been alerted,

You should certainly not have been left without decontamination for 4 hours,

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. A TIP would be even better! If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i use this information given to help me get the right procedure in place

Sure,

Feel free to use the above mentioned information.

With any such event.

1. There should be an Incident Report generated that is to be taken up by the Safety Department

2. Medically speaking, immediate decontamination should be done.

3. Then a detailed medical examination can be carried by the doctor/ doctor assistant and the vitals are to be recorded in a medical file.

4. If there are any symptoms then you should be referred to the nearby health facility, otherwise home observation should be done.

Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

If the reply was helpful, please remember to click on the 5 star rating on the right top corner of the page, as this is the only way we are compensated for the time spent answering your questions,

Warm regard