Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My daughter has pallet erosion due to cocaine use shehas

Customer Question

My daughter has pallet erosion due to cocaine use shehas beeen to addenbrookes hospital for help but they do not specialise in this She no longer takes cocaine and is very ashamed and distressed she need to go private if possible who do you suggest thankyou
JA: Any identifying information you share will be kept private. These questions just help me more clearly understand your situation, so you get the fast and accurate answer you deserve. The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your daughter's symptoms? Has she used any medication for this?
Customer: No she has a large hole in pallet The hospital has placed a plate in her mouth at present It is making her gag and talk with a lisp Her work is very visual and she has to communicate with clients
JA: Thanks for that. Has she seen a doctor about this?
Customer: Yes she went to Addenbrookes hospital maxillofacial clinic who placed the plate in her mouth but do not specialise in repairing this problem
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in her medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: Only she takes medication for a skin complaint that is under control
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for your question. Would you daughter be willing to travel in Europe for a specialist?