DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 24 years of age, I smoke around 6-10 cigarettes a day.

I am 24 years of age, I smoke around 6-10 cigarettes a day. 8 weeks ago I started with what was believed to be viral tonsillitis but since then I’ve had problems with my throat, neck and ears. I’ve had blood tests done and I’m awaiting results. I’ve also been taking penicillin incase it is a infection that has just lingered, but then don’t seem to be helping. In this current moment, I have tenderness under my jaw, slight ear ache, and achy/stiff neck and shoulders. I can’t help but be concerned it’s some form of oral cancer.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: What’s a personal medical record?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have you been examined by your doctor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Due to covid 19 i have been unable to be checked up by my doctor. I did take myself to A&E where a nurse felt around my neck and said she cannot feel any swelling or lumps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is something sinister, will my blood tests pick this up?

Thanks for the details

I think if there is no visible lump in the oral cavity so it is unlikely to be a cancer

It is an upper respiratory tract infection and some acid reflux can be contributing to it as well

You need to relax and don,t worry about a cancer

You can also wait for the results of your test and if they are also normal then nothing to worry at all

The blood tests will pick up if it is anything sinister

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything I should be looking out for in regards ***** ***** condition becoming more serious?
And if there was a lump would I be able to identify that myself?
I am not someone who generally becomes unwell, so for this to be around for 8 weeks now has just caused me to become concerned. And google is just throwing cancer diagnosis at me.
Is it my blood count that will indicate if there is something more serious happening?

Yes you can find a lump in oral cavity

You should wait for the results and if every thing is normal then nothing to worry at all

These can be symptoms of upper respiratory tract problem like infection or inflammation of the throat

Do you have any other question?

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it normal for an upper respiratory tract infection to linger for 8 weeks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
38; thank you, ***** ***** rate