DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I had a panic attack or what I think was a panic attack last

Customer Question

I had a panic attack or what I think was a panic attack last night. My husband managed to calm me by talking me through what was happening, but I kept waking from sleep thinking I can't breathe. Today I still feel really panicked and aware of what happened although not quite to the extent of yesterday. It probably is a panic attack but I'm particularly worried because I feel like I'm having similar symptoms to a PE, which I was diagnosed with six years ago while pregnant. It probably is just a panic attack and I manage to talk myself round for 10, 20 mins and then out of nowhere I have a racing heart beat, feeling short of breath, dizzy, extremely tired. Having never experienced one before I'm not sure how long they should last and really don't want to waste anyone's time going to see a doctor if it is.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I feel fine and then all of a sudden my heart starts racing and I feel like I'm going to die. I think last night scarred me so much I'm worrying it's going to happen again. I'm focusing on my breathing, and positive thoughts but then just when I think I'm feeling okay all they symptoms come back
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I was diagnosed with a P.E. 6 years ago
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

How old are you?

How severe is the shortness of breath?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 39 and I can breathe fine it just comes in waves all of a sudden I feel like I'm not breathing properly and start taking deep breaths and start to focus on my breathing again

Thanks for the details

I think it is a panic attack and nothing serious

You need to relax and stop thinking about last night events

Hopefully that will help

Deep breathing exercise and taking slow deep breaths will help as well

Doing yoga can also help in alleviating the symptoms

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Do you have any other question?

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating