neurosurg
neurosurg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  US MD
206912

I've been self isolating and am coming to the end of my

I've been self isolating and am coming to the end of my 3month period, I also have 2 daughter by separate mothers, am I able to see and hold my daughters after the 3 months even though they only live with me half the time?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven't seen a doctor about it yet, I'm on lamotragine 300mg twice a day along with Clobozam 10mg in the evening but I also suffer from webbing on the brain and hydrocephalus, these haven't been an issue for a number of years and I haven't had a seizure in 18months.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I also suffer from asthma and have fostair 100/6 inhalers(the pink one) and hayfever but I just take fexofenadine for that each morning
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: No my breathing is fine and my fever stopped after around a week of it's own accord but work believed it best for me to take the time and therefore I self-isolated, I'll be returning to work on the 15th and if I'm allowed having my daughters on the 19th for the weekend. I personally don't see it as a problem as they've not been near anyone with any symptoms but i was just wanting to check and make sure it would be ok? I personally feel fine.

Hello -

Yes, if you have been self isolating yourself, you are safe to see your daughter and hold them.

Of course, if your daughters are sick with COVID-19 -- then obviously you should not see them.

But you should be OK here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you kindly this is the response I was hoping for

You're welcome.