Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have a small lump in the side of my lower mouth, on the

Hi there,
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a small lump in the side of my lower mouth, on the inner wall of the mouth it looks like a small score. I am worried it might be cancer.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about cancer?
Customer: I have no pain, or any other symptoms apart from the ulcer being a little bit score on the inside of the mouth, the lump is hard but not painful.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No I haven't tried any medication.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don t think so, the only medication I am on is HRT. and I have been on this for 9 months. I am not a smoker and only drink occasionally.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

May I request you to upload an image please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I've had several attempt at trying to get a good shot.

From what you say and also correlating the image I feel that this is a simple mucus or sub-mucus cyst of the oral mucosa which is a very common occurrence.

This is a self limiting one - but may take some time as long as 2 - 4 weeks or some times even 3 months to completely get better.

Usually the natural history is that it will get subdued by itself or inadvertently you may rupture it after it - it will heal.

But if it is increasing in size rapidly or if there is redness or sever pain or heavy feeling of the lip - then you may need medical attention and seek the help of your dental surgeon please.