Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have had a very large abdominal hernia for many months

Customer Question

I have had a very large abdominal hernia for many months which lately has become bigger with an adjacent hernia next to the original. Usually I have no problem with the hernia other than it is increasingly unsightly but all day I have experienced pain in my back and also some pain in the stomach, I have just vomited and the pain is slightly better. Is everything OK and shall I ignore the whole thing?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the pain? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Have taken two paracetamol and the pain has been going on for four hours
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: Have not spoken to anyone about the hernia or the pain.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am diabetic with a few other problems like COPD
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Any fever?

Have you ever had the back pain before?