Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I have developed very deep horizontal ridges on my left

I have developed very deep horizontal ridges on my left thumbnail The nail is also dented and misshapen I haven’t damaged it in anyway and although I feel perfectly fit and well I understand it can be a sign of an underlying issue
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: i haven’t. I’m not on any medication
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: apart from ibuprofen for the occasional headache I don’t take anything. I’m not allergic to any medication
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for your question. Are you able to provide a photo of this please? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (24PLSTZ)

Thanks, ***** ***** something called Koilonychia, the most common cause to this is iron defiency. If you haven't had one recently, I would suggest you arrange a blood test with your GP to check for this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thank you

No problem, please could you kindly rate my answer by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, this is the only way just answer acknowledge my response. Thanks