Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

A small lump appeared overnight just above my eyebrow. There

A small lump appeared overnight just above my eyebrow. There is no mark on the skin, just a pea-sized hard lump that doesn't move. I've had no trauma or injury. It hurts slightly when I press it. There is some swelling around it but no colour. Could this be a cyst of some sort? I think a lipoma would have taken much longer to form?
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the cyst?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Good afternoon, I am Dr Elliot. thank you for your question. Are you able to provide a photo please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elliot, thanks for your message. Sure here you go. It's not super obvious but it's obvious when you feel it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a small pea shape/size with some swelling around it, painful only to press on, no skin mark, no injury. Just wondering if it could be a cyst or lipoma perhaps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Feels firm and doesn't move)

Thanks, ***** ***** indeed subtle, however given this location, it is more likely to be a small cyst rather than a lipoma. If it isn't tender, then allow if a week to settle, if it doesn't then ask your GP for an ultrasound. If it becomes bigger or tender, then I would suggest antibiotics would be appropriate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks for that. So lipomas are rare around the eyebrow? It's only painful if I press on it, not 24/7

Not necessarily, but would not present as fast as a cyst. A lipoma requires fat to form, a cyst is filled with fluid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this arrived fully within 48 hours, mostly overnight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's unlikely to be anything more serious than that? From what I've read, it's a rare region for something more sinister

No, serious things are slow in comparison. Stick to my previous advice, if bigger/tender - antibiotics, if no improvement in a week - ask for an ultrasound scan, but I wouldn't be concerned, more frustrating to have

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot Elliot I appreciate it

My pleasure, take care. Please could you also kindly rate my response by clicking on the stars, this is the only way I am acknowledged by just answer, thanks