neurosurg
neurosurg, Board Certified MD
Experience:  US MD
206912

My husband was using a grinder to cut some paving slabs last

Customer Question

My husband was using a grinder to cut some paving slabs last Sunday and it slipped and cut his knee . Managed to stop it bleeding so put a dressing on and thought it would be ok but just took dressing off and the bleeding has started again . He is taking aspirin
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long has your husband been using aspirin? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Approximately a year and is also takin ramipril atorvastatin
JA: Thanks for that. Has he seen a doctor about the bleeding?
Customer: He doesn’t know if the aspirin has helped. It was given as part of medication for leaking heart valve
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: apart from being allergic to penicillin we don’t think so
Expert:  neurosurg replied 1 year ago.

Hello -

The aspirin is making his blood a bit thinner, so it makes people more prone to bleed.

But this should stop -- just hold 20 minutes of continuous pressure on the area, and it will stop.

Expert:  neurosurg replied 1 year ago.

And try and change the dressing every day, so it doesn't get "sticky" to the wound, and cause it bleed again when you peel it off the next time.

Expert:  neurosurg replied 1 year ago.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!