Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

I have been suffering from acne problem on my face I also

Hello, I have been suffering from acne problem on my face I also have sensitive oily skin what can I do to treat it .
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, when did acne first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: it started since 2017
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about acne?
Customer: no i havent
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no

Good evening, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for your question. Have you got a photo of your skin?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (6M51MVP)

Thanks, ***** ***** you using on your skin or have used so far?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
nothing much just normal face wash that is all

Thanks, ***** ***** first thing to try is Benzoyl Peroxide, you can get this over the counter, this dries the spots out. If that doesn't work, or if you are sensitive to it, you can use a retinoid, which is again is available from a pharmacist.

After that you can use a combination treatment which also has antibiotics, but this would require a prescription from your doctor. Next up from that is an oral antibiotic.

Start with Benzoyl peroxide for a few weeks start.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have sensitive skin so I wouldn't want something I will be sensitive to it

https://patient.info/skin-conditions/acne-leaflet/acne-treatments

This link is to a patient information leaflet for the topical treatments

Try the low dose version first

Or if it does irritate the skin, jump straight to a topical antibiotic, it doesn't tend to irritate the skin

Does this help at all? Alternatively you could address the skin products you use first, but I would get it under control with medicated creams first

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
okay is it a cream or tablet the
Benzoyl peroxide

a cream

If you ask a pharmacist, they will be able to find it for you

Does that help answer your question and start you off in managing this?

Please could you kindly rate my response to your question, this is the only way Just Answer acknowledges my response, but please note this does not charge you. Thanks and good luck with this.

Good afternoon, I am sorry that my response was of no use to you. For my own benefit/learning please could you provide some feedback as to what made you feel it was a poor response? I would be grateful for your time in responding so I can improve for others, thanks