Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I’m feeling dizzy and have a headache like a tight band

Customer Question

I’m feeling dizzy and have a headache like a tight band squeezing my head.. I feel also very weak. These symptoms are better in the morning when I wake up. I had a concussion recently from a light fall on my head but that was a month and a half ago
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to know that . Whats your age and gender please ?

Any other medical issues?

Did you have any scans for your previous fall ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
25 year old fenale
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No scans they just said it was a concussion
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other medical conditions
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

The symptoms are likely to be from concussion . It can last for weeks to months so it just needs watchful waiting . Nothing uncommon though

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

Wish him all the best .

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied . You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page . Best regards, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also get cold feet and start shivering also my heart rate increases
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The symptoms are better in the morning and get worse in the night
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fall wasn’t as severe so I don’t understand why I’m feeling like this. Especially when it was better last week and now it’s worse.
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

These symptoms are unrelated to dizziness . In case you suffer from shivering and feeling cold , its better to get your thyroid tests done . A slow thyroid can cause this .

Overall the symptoms can be aggravated by anxiety , i am sure there is an element of that as well . Need to take it easy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got my blood tested before lockdown and there was no sign of thyroid dysfunction
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

Yes then its likely to be anxiety related . Very unlikely to be anything serious . But if symptoms persist its always better to get yourself examined. Have an ECG done .

Should be fine in my opinion

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 year ago.

Wish you all the best .