DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My question is, I had unprotected sex and then took the

Customer Question

Hey! My question is, I had unprotected sex and then took the morning after pill. However, I had really bad stomach pains after and haven’t had my period on time either as it is a week late. I have taken a pregnancy test and it’s negative however the tablet said there’s a possibility?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I’m usually on the pill, therefore they’d be regular but slightly late on them too. I’m not in pain now but was for a couple of days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: think that’s it!
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There is a slight possibility that you may be pregnant as sometime the test can be negative

You should take another test a week later

But saying this the chances of pregnancy are low and most likely this is due to the effect of the pill that you are experiencing a delay

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By specifying the name of the pill I took would this help at all? Or would the chances still be the same? As I took Ella one
No that does not make any difference and the answer to your question remains the same
If done please leave a positive feedback rating