Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My baby is 7 months and we started weaning at 6 months. He

My baby is 7 months and we started weaning at 6 months. He is currently having 2 meals a day. When he eats he typically goes through a whole small bowl full of food. He doesn't seem to be satisfied until he's gone through that much. He will also have a few pieces of finger food on the side. From what I read online they say babies his age should be having a few spoons of food, not a whole bowl!
Could you please tell me if I am feeding him too much, and if so how to combat this?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. You’re not feeding too much. He should eat all he wants at this point. 7 months is far too young to be weaned. Babies this age need a minimum of 32 oz formula in a 24 hour time period. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I didn't mean feeding him too much milk, I meant feeding him too much solid food. Also I'm not sure what you mean when you say 7 months is far too young to be weaned. Thanks
7 months is too young to be weaned from milk. I think that you mean you are just started solids not weaning. And no, you are not feeding him too much solid unless he becomes constipated. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to the NHS weaning means "introducing your baby to solid foods alongside their usual breast milk or infant formula". Thanks for your help
Sorry about that, I guess my ideas of weaning are a little old fashioned. I think you are always right when you go with your mother’s intuition about what you feel is right for your baby. Good luck.