Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I'ts a bit embarrassing but a while ago I could feel a small

Hi, I'ts a bit embarrassing but a while ago I could feel a small bump just under the surface of my skin on my right buttock. It doesn't appear on the surface of my skin and feels like a smooth bump (kind of like a pimple bump). It doesn't feel rock solid or anything and it's very small and can't really be seen or felt unless the skin is pulled taught. I can still feel it now with the tip of my finger and it feels exactly the same as when I first felt it. It hasn't changed. I'm female and almost 23 and have suffered with acne all my life so at first I thought it was a spot (even though it can't be seen and isn't really on the surface) but It's just always there in the same place and never changes. It's not painful and I'm healthy so i'm not sure what to do or make of it. I'm hoping for a bit of advice on what it could possibly be or if I should be concerned. As far as I know I don't have this anywhere else on my body.
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, when did the bump first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: It's not a visible bump and it's tiny so I don't really know. I just happened to feel it one day. No, I haven't used any medication for it.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dermatologist about the bump?
Customer: No, I haven't
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: Only that I've suffered with acne since I was about 13 or so.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
That sounds like a totally benign subdermal cyst--possibly from a blocked oil gland

It should got away in time and it doesn't need any treatment

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long should it typically take to go? I know I've definitely had it for about a month, maybe more?

It may take another month but if it bothers you your doctor can get rid of it with a cortisone injection

Please remember to rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you for your help.

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again