The antacids may not relieve the symptoms immediately and can take 2-3 days to show the effect. Also, it may need comprehensive measures to resolve the symptoms and prevent the recurrence;
1) antacids; Rolaids
2) acid blocker; Lansoprazole.
Both are available without the prescription.
3) losing weight, if overweight for the long term measures.
4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato-based products
5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.
6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.
7) elevate the head end of the bed by 8 inches.
Following also would be helpful;
Nutrition and supplements;
1) Multivitamins; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
2) Probiotic supplement
3) Omega 3 fatty acid
4) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
5) Also, avoid; white bread, pasta, and especially sugar, red meats,
6) Eat lean meats, cold-water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil.
Was this information helpful to you?
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.