DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

My son is still complaining of this lump above belly button

Customer Question

My son is still complaining of this lump above belly button been to see gp 3 times and the first they wasnt to sure so gave antibiotics for it. It's never gone but there saying it's nothing but hes not eating hes making his self sick constantly been lie this before the start of lock down he really needs to have a scan really but they wont refer what to do
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: He did some physical work then a few day after this lump started to appear but it's very painful and it's not a infection cause hes had so many different course of antibiotics and it's still there its soft to feel it but when u touch it u got a hard part to it if you know what I'm going on about
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No hes only asthmatic
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Please send pic of swelling if seen at skin. May be a midline hernia. May give benadryl and antacid syrup for feeling sick. Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok hes not with me 2night but tomorrow hes back so I will take a picture then if that's ok but theres something wrong with him I know but my gp is doing nothing and hes been 3 times and there still saying nothing but still cant eat and making his self sick start of march this started
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

May get dehydration so give lot of sips of fluid with sugar or glucose. Indoor treatment may be required for tests and injectable drug for vomiting.