Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

We are currently trying to conceive our second child. I am

Hello, we are currently trying to conceive our second child. I am still breastfeeding our 18m old and although my menstrual cycle has return my literal phase continues to be very short ~7 days.
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: it took us 2 years to conceive our first child and due to my age we wanted to see if there were anything that could be prescribed that would increase my luteal phase. I have tried vitamin b6 and C without any changes

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience. ​

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age?

Have you seen a doctor for this?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You may get a message asking for a phone call, that is not sent by me but generated automatically by the website, you can ignore it if you choose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30
I had seen my GP and got a blood test before my periods had return to confirm that there were no problem and except for raised Progesterone levels at the time everything else wa within normal limits. I also saw my obgyn and had a scan done and they confirmed that my ovaries and womb looked healthy and normal. The blood test for around November and the scan was in February
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been shielding since March so have not seen anyone since than

Since you have been examined by a doctor and there are no problems, you can expect to be successful in getting a pregnancy through natural means.

The first thing is that you are still breastfeeding. Breastfeeding decreases fertility, this is known. You have to stop breastfeeding to increase your fertility. This alone will help greatly.

You are already aware of your luteal phase, you should follow a targetted method of sex during your fertile period to increase the chances of pregnancy.

There are several supplements which are known to help fertility, though whether the effect is on the luteal phase or not is not known.

The most important is Acetyl L-Carnitine. the second is Co-enzyme Q. Besides these, normal vitamin supplements like Vit. B, C and D are important.

Try these out, stop breastfeeding - you should get pregnant soon.

Wish you best of luck.

Hope this helps.

If so, please give a 5 start rating from the rating bar of stars at the top or bottom of your chatbox. The session remains inconclusive without a rating.

If you need any more information please ask

I am just checking up on you. Did my answer help you? Do you have any other queries?
Please remember to rate my service with 5 stars from the rating bar of stars at the top or bottom of your chatbox if you are satisfied with my answer..

Without a positive rating, this session remains inconclusive.

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you this was very helpful