Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I died my hair last night. I’d done the patch test, it

Hi I died my hair last night. I’d done the patch test, it didn’t actually go into my eyes but my eyes are itching and one is red what should I do? I’m worried a diluted amount may have gone in while I was ringing my hair although I was extremely careful.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: A bit last night but now this morning. rincing with warm water
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I know of. I’m on hrt and progesterone but it doesn’t say anything g about that

Good morning, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for your question.

The redness is likely due to the dye being an irritant. An allergy seems unlikely if you haven't reacted to the hair dye

I think it would probably be sensible to have them washed out and checked for any minor damage - this can be done in an urgent treatment centre, and if they are concerned they would probably given you topical Chloramphenicol drops.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about my eye sight is that ok, it won’t affect it? It had hydrogen peroxidein it

The dye is more at risk of causing a small ulcer on the surface of your eye, this will not damage your eye sight as such but would risk infection

I would attend so they can wash them out, then use fluorsceine drops to check for damage, as mentioned, if they are concerned after they will give you chloramphenicol eye drops

Can you attend a local urgent treatment centre? Alternatively I can find one for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Could you find one for me please locally that’s open

Of course, not a problem.

Please could you kindly rate my response to your question and let me know your nearest town please (or area of city)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course. Where do I do that? I’m in London W11 2PT Notting Hill

Okay thanks, ***** ***** for you now

Please could you click on the stars at the top of the page, this is the only way JustAnswer acknowledge my response to you, thank you. I will be a few minutes.

Your closest Walk in Centre is based at St Mary's

https://www.nhs.uk/Services/hospitals/Overview/DefaultView.aspx?id=1672

St Marys is already open

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I unsubscribe from here?

No worries. If you go via the FAQs, there should be an option there