Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I’m 29 years old and recently went to see the doctor for

Hey I’m 29 years old and recently went to see the doctor for some blood test whilst I was there, she mentioned my blood pressure was abit high, since then she gave me a matching to carry out my own blood pressure and for 5 days now it’s been high should I be worried?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Not that I’m aware of last check up was last week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: In recent times when I’ve had checkups on my bloods and heart the doctors say I’m fine

Good morning, I am Dr Elliot. Thank you for your question. Can you provide these readings for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (26P12Z4)

Thank you. So your readings average 156/92, the target for an average is 135/85. So yes, it is raised, but not significantly.

Do you have any other medical problems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning

So the causes of a raised BP which you can reduce yourself are to avoid caffeine, not to smoke, reduce your salt intake, reduce alcohol intake, loose weight if you are overweight.

If those are factors that cannot be improved, then this should be investigated as it is not common to have a high blood pressure. A renal ultrasound should be done as some genetic causes are possible, however sometimes some people will have a raised BP with no obvious cause. This would need treating. So if there is nothing you can do to help reduce your BP then it is likely you will require medication for this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou

My pleasure, I hope all is well. Please could you kindly click on the stars to rate my response, this is the only way JustAnswer acknowledge my response, thank you

By clicking on the stars, this allows just answer to pay me a percentage of your fee, otherwise JustAnswer retains the full amount - you do not get charged anymore. Many thanks