Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

I am not sure if you can, i have been shielding since 21st

hi i am not sure if you can, i have been shielding since 21st march, i have ashma , i got a telephone call yesterday from my employers saying i can go back to work after 12th june, who can i ask if this is safe to do
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about asthma?
Customer: i only spoke to my doctor at the beginning, i would really love to go back to work but only if it is safe to do so
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: i take 3 lots of medication
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: no i dont think so

Good morning, I am Dr Elliot, thank you for your question.

Please can you advise me what medications you are taking, including inhalers?

Have you ever used oral prednisolone for your asthma? if so, how long ago was this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take bricanyl twice a day, symbicort twice a day & uniphyllin 300mg twice a day

Thanks, ***** ***** this control your asthma well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i am well

Excellent, thank you. So yes, the guidance is that you do not need to isolate yourself, but should socially distance. As long as your employer can provide social distancing, then you would be fine to return back to work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already agreed to phone call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much can you cancel the phone call please, you have answered my question thank you again

No problem, no phone call has been authorised so don't worry. The phone call offer is automated.

Please could you click on the stars to rate my response, this is the only way JustAnswer reward me for answering your question