Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have a cough which will not go away, I have had it since

I have a cough which will not go away, I have had it since January. It is worse if I do any exercise or lay down. I also feel short of breath all the time which has become worse over the past month. I am currently in lockdown since 17 March but have needed to venture away to Chemist, vets and post office. Always 2m gap and face covered.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the cough? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: the cough as stated from January but much worse since April
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the cough?
Customer: cough medicine bought from supermarket
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I was checked out last summer with X-ray last summer. More recently routine check for diabetes in February established lung clear. However the symptoms have become much worse
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. It sounds like you have acid reflux. This is when acid from the stomach comes up the throat. It can cause an irritant cough. It will be worse when you are exercising or lying flat. You can get an over the counter chewable antacid or start an over the counter acid reducer like omeprazole. You can buy in on the UK Meds online site or any pharmacy. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.