How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 57895
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

I Think my husband has an abscess on his jaw, no the doctors

This answer was rated:

Hi good morning
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I Think my husband has an abscess on his jaw
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the abscess?
Customer: no the doctors are closed
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: no just want medical advice
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: imy husband has muscular dystrophy

Could you please post a picture?

What are his symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m trying to send picture his symptoms are it hurts when he moves his mouth and when you touch it

Got it.

I am reviewing it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it’s ok I would rather type

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you

This looks like an abscess. He may need needle aspiration of pus that can be sent for the culture. He may need a course of antibiotics also. Meanwhile, the following would help him;

1) Nurofen/Ibuprofen

2) Ice compresses

3) Probiotics.

4) Vitamin C and zinc supplement.

Occasionally a minor surgery like incision and drainage may be required.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get antibiotics for him

You may go to a walk-in clinic or A&E or to your GP.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.