Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I was wondering if you can help. I've got a skin

Hi, I was wondering if you can help. I've got a skin inflammation around my lips. Over a month ago my dog licked me and small spots started to appear
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: More than a month ago It started. no major changes on my skin around the lips
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I've been trying E45 cream and antihistamines for over a month and it's up and down. Now started to be more red and more visible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (Q23GT5S)

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA. I will be answering your query shortly.

Thank you for sharing the picture. Are you sure you've never had it before the dog licked your face?

May I know your age please?

Any skin rash elsewhere?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never had it before and never had any skin issues like acne, etc. I'm 30 years old, heathly. No allergies apart from pollen.

Okay. You will need to to apply hydrocortisone 1 percent cream on the rash once daily. Do not apply for more than a week. Keep the area dry and don't scratch or pick lesions. You may continue with anti allergy meds like Cetrizine or loratidne.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great, thank you

Most welcome.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult if you are satisfied . You may do it by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner of your page . Best regards, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any option to buy it on the website? Will I need the prescription?

It's over the counter. You can get it from a store or pharmacy without prescription.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that's perfect, thank you again