Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I asked previously about buying Ionamin 30 or tenuate

Customer Question

I asked previously about buying Ionamin 30 or tenuate dospan. Paid £5 and haven’t heard anything further
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: have already answered these.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No allergies, no substance misuse or ms tsk heLrh illness
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. I see you are in the UK. You cannot purchase this in the UK. Phentermine was taken off the market. Here is the statementThe Online Clinic will not prescribe phentermine or diethylpropion under any circumstances. We are always alarmed to hear that some patients have been prescribed these medications from specialist slimming clinics which are clearly employing disreputable practices. If you have purchased these weight loss pills, we would strongly recommend that you do not return to the doctor who prescribed them for you. Phentermine was withdrawn from the UK market a few years ago based on a risk/benefit analysis but it had its license reinstated for very short term use. The risk profile of this drug is not good and we do not believe that the prescription of this weight loss product is in the best interests of patients. We apply the same opinion to diethylpropion, which has not been marketed in the UK for a number of years. Patients have developed heart and lung problems and some have developed a physical dependency on the medication, causing psychological related side effects.Another factor to bear in mind about these two weight loss pills is that they tend to yield a fast weight loss over a short period of time but as soon as the medication is stopped, the weight lost, and usually more besides, is piled back on, leaving the patient disappointed. We cannot emphasise enough how unsuitable these medications are for patients looking for an effective weight loss product in the long term.Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.