Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I have a monstrous venous leg ulcer, that has just in size.

I have a monstrous venous leg ulcer, that has just doubled in size. It started about a year ago due to fluid retention in my left leg, courtesy of a stroke 5 yrs ago. It is exceptionally painful, as the bleed on the brain caused serious damage to my brain, just above my right ear, resulting in a knackered left side with huge amounts of nerve pain on my left side, the sciatic nerve being especially painful, from earlier sciatica.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had sciatica? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: about 6 yrs now, about a year before the brain haemmorhage hit me
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the hemorrhage?
Customer: I was in hospital for 3 months
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so Pearl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that it is being treated by the nurses at the surgery, being cleanedand re-dressed twice weekly

I am sorry to hear about your medical issues,

How can the medical experts help you?
Warm regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if there's anything else that can be done to get rid of this damned ulcer, as the treatment from my nurses,whilst good, seems to do nothing to get rid, rather it seems to be growing week on week

I understand your problem,

Evidence-based treatment options for venous ulcers include leg elevation, compression therapy, dressings, pentoxifylline, and aspirin therapy. Surgical management may be considered for ulcers that are large in size, of prolonged duration, or refractory to conservative measures.

I would urge you to get a Surgeon involved through your GP for this, as more aggressive treatment can be planned with their support,

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2010/0415/p989.html#:~:text=Evidence%2Dbased%20treatment%20options%20for,or%20refractory%20to%20conservative%20measures.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. A TIP would be even better! If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, I don't have £34, so wold like to continue here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this site is a rip-off. Being asked for £38 per week!!!! on top of £5 for 1 week, then demand for £34 to hear/read answer to my question.its a SCAM!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AN UNHEALING ULCER, HAD IT 12 MONTHS NOW, HAD COMPRESSION THAT CAUSED MORE NERVE PAIN YET DIDN'T PROMOTE HEALING, SO JUST (sorry!) being cleaned and redressed 2x per week
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
caps lock is considered rude and shouty

Apologies that you did not find the site useful,

I am just a user, like you,

However, just to add, please ask your doctor to try Pentoxifylline and Apsirin to see if it helps,

Also consult a surgeon since for long standing ulcers, surgery can help the healing too,

Warm regards