How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10473
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now

My 16 year old daughter has been complaining of pain in her

This answer was rated:

Hello. My 16 year old daughter has been complaining of pain in her right breast. She say it hurts when she walks. I asked her to check for anything in the mirror, she said it is more red than the left breast. He can also feel a lump under the nipple. Do you know what this could be? Many thanks, Simone

Dear Simone,

Your concern is quite understandable,

Lots of girls and women have something called fibrocystic breast changes. This is when small fluid-filled cysts in the breasts change size based on where a girl is in her menstrual cycle. Because these cysts have to do with normal hormone changes, they are typically more obvious and may hurt a bit just before a girl's period. Fibrocystic breast changes are nothing to worry about and don't need any kind of medical treatment.

Infections also can cause breast lumps. So can an injury to the breast — like getting hit in the chest while playing sports.

If you're worried about a lump in your breast, talk to your doctor. Also call your doctor if you have any of these problems:

  • pain in your breast that seems unrelated to your period
  • a red, hot, or swollen breast
  • fluid or bloody discharge from your nipple
  • a lump in your armpit or near your collarbone

Most breast lumps are nothing to worry about, but it always helps to talk to a doctor or nurse about what to expect as your breasts grow. Getting checked out gives you peace of mind.

In this case if the problem is not related to her menses, then it would be better to get this checked with your GP or Ob/gyn after giving local warm compresses, and taking Ibuprofen or Paracetamol,

Not to worry, it is NOT likely to be anything serious,

Read more here

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. A TIP would be even better! If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** *****’s just that time of the month!

At her age,
That is the MOST likely possibility :)
Just a small favour,

. Please remember to take out a few seconds to give a POSITIVE rating as this is how we are compensated for answering your questions :)
Stay Safe ....
Dr. Gupta MD

Dr. Gupta and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you