Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I'm not sure whether I have cystitis or thrush - or both. I

I'm not sure whether I have cystitis or thrush - or both. I don't seem to have matching symptoms: I have some itchiness/soreness at the vulva; urinating more frequently (but drinking more) and experiencing waves of discomfort across the body.
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the discomfort? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Since a Tuesday. I had cystits before and took herbal tablets which were v effective then. I'm taking them now along with probiotics and applying virgin coconut oil.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the cyst?
Customer: No.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: No. Generally v healthy. Was rather stupid action on my part; which (apologies) perhaps I should say: was using a courgette as a sex toy before being properly aroused and I think this has upset things down there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long is it typically to get an answer?

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms are more likely due to cystitis/UTI (if you do not have a vaginal discharge). A cottage cheese discharge will require the following;

1) Canesten cream local application for 3-5 days.

2) Probiotics.

Both of these are available without the prescription.

A urinary tract infection/cystitis, as a rule, warrants a urine culture for the evaluation (with a routine urine analysis). A urine culture test gives you the best antibiotic to treat and eradicate the infection and prevent its recurrence.

Treating a UTI without a culture test is like going into the sea without navigation help.

You may go to your GP or to a walk-in clinic for the urine culture to properly manage it.

Following measures would be helpful, meanwhile;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule.

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks

4) Azo/Pyridium for urinary burning/pain (it is without the prescription and is a urinary analgesic).

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, that’s very useful.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Very welcome.