Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

I developed a filiform wart a couple of years ago underneath

I developed a filiform wart a couple of years ago underneath my nose. I saw the gp and he sprayed something on that to freeze it and 2 weeks after that it fell off.It has now come back again at exactly the same spot for the last few months. I have no pain or itching on it but I find it very annoying when I see. Is there anything I can do to have it removed during lockdown without physically going to a gp? Picture attachedThanks

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Gaurav Gupta, and I am here to help you today. I have more than 20 years of experience in the field of Medicine / Pediatrics. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you may ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. If you are interested in a phone call, then you may click on the request button (it costs extra!)

I would be glad to continue here either way.
Kind regards, ***** ***** MD

This is too close to the nose, hence you would ideally need to go to your GP for specific treatment again,

Filiform warts near the nose do need a doctor visit for treatment, unfortunately.

If you want to try some natural remedies....

Any type of at-home remedy should be used with extreme caution and cleared with your doctor first.

A few natural remedies for wart removal include:

• Garlic extract. Garlic contains allium sativum, a compound with antiviral properties. Crush a fresh clove of garlic and apply the crushed pieces to the wart. Cover it with tape or with a bandage and reapply daily. Note: Garlic is known to cause chemical burns on skin. If you feel itching, burning, or increased tingling, remove the garlic and wash the area.
  • Lemon juice. Lemon juice contains citric acid, which may help destroy the virus. Don’t use full-strength lemon juice on your face. A study found that a diluted mixture of lemon juice and water was effective at removing flat warts when applied over a six-week period.
  • Pineapple juice. There’s no scientific data to back it up, but this anecdotal remedy may be effective at eliminating facial warts for some people. Pineapple juice contains enzymes which may burn the wart off when applied daily over the course of several weeks. Try using pineapple juice applied with a cotton swab directly to the wart before going to bed each night for several weeks.

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-remove-warts-on-face#wart-removal

Also remember, Up to two-thirds of warts resolve on their own without medical treatment. This happens when the body’s immune system successfully fights off the infection that caused the wart. However, it can take a year or longer for the wart to completely disappear.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/327066#prevention

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. A TIP would be even better! If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Doctor can I visit a private gp to have it removed or I need specialist visit for this?

A private GP can easily do the same as well :)

Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD