Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

I would like to speak online and to get an advice from a

Hi, I would like to speak online and to get an advice from a gynaecologist...
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not yet, this is why I would like first to speak , to get an advice.. or what should I do
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I’m sorry is this an automatic response from a robot, or you are real?

I am a gynaecologist.

Please ask your question. I would prefer to proceed with text messages.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m 22 , and recently I discovered that I have some eliminations. First they were transparent like jelly, then they changed like cottage cheese white, smelly and abundant. Also I feel itchy, burning, and doing sex it’s hurting... I have canestan cream for external use, it is helping a little bit and calming some symptoms. The problem it’s not first time I have such eliminations... and I don’t really what should I do now.

I am typing out a reply and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It’s like regular, and I have each month some kind of elimination, and it’s not just about these eliminations but that I feel discomfort...also when I had such situations from my country and from my doctor I bought some vaginal suppositories, and I drank fluconazole one tablet... it helped me and it lasted for 2-3 weeks, than again it’s beginning like first day..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you. I’m waiting first your response

Your symptoms suggest that you have a recurrent mixed infection - both yeast and Bacterial Vaginosis infection.

Recurrent infections occur when the vaginal ph changes from its normal one. While medicines like canestan and fluconazole will help , the effect will last only for a few days and then the infections will occur again due to the changed ph.

Please take the following steps to normalize the ph:

- Use Boric acid Vaginal suppositotry - 500 mg twice daily for 3 weeks and then once weekly for 4 weeks.

- Take Rephresh Probiotics.

- Use Vagisil max strength ointment.

Also use Monistat vaginal ovules for 3 days to clear up the infection this time.

All these medicines are available without a prescription.

I hope this helps.
Please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** about my partner. Does he need a treatment? And as I understand right, I can not have sex during treatment? All these 3 weeks?

Your partner does not need treatment since yeast will not spread from you to him.

You can continue to have sex - just insert the suppository at least 2 hours before sex or 1 hour after sex.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I have a little bit different treatment, like to drink peels and just 1 week vaginal suppositories? Or antibiotics....thanks for your response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks then I will try this treatment and I hope it will help me

Pills will need prescriptions and you will need to consult a doctor.

About the suppositories - you can insert them early in the morning and rest in bed for 1 hour to allow them to dissolve - they will be just as effective.

Alternative you can use the Boric acid once a week from the beginning and not wait for the 3 weeks.