M Javid, MD
M Javid, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
28778822

I woke up this morning having difficulty breathing. My lungs

I woke up this morning having difficulty breathing. My lungs when I get a deep breath is refreshing and have no pain from my lungs. The problem is getting air past my nose and throat. Looking up my nose i have visible polyps and my throat feels restrictive. Thank You
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the polyps? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Had polyps my entire adult life now 71 years of age.
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about the polyps?
Customer: years ago they seem to think they were not a problem at the time. Always been difficult breathing through my nose.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: have a large AAA 5.7 and have high blood pressure.

Hi, there are several options to treat nasal polyps.

To start with, nasal steroid sprays are used. They are able to shrink even large polyps.

If they do not work, then oral steroids (like prednisone) are added, with or without the nasal sprays.

Anti-allergics can also be given, if an allergy problem is making the polyps worse.

An injection dupilumab (Dupixent) can also be used.

If all the above medical treatments do not work, then endoscopic sinus surgery is used to clear the polyps.

You can follow with your GP to start treatment with nasal steroid sprays to start with.

I hope that answers your question?

Please touch/click the 5 stars on your screen to give my answer a positive rating, thanks.