Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Keep getting headaches, Since Tuesday and yes ibuprofen and

Keep getting headaches
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you had the headaches? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: Since Tuesday and yes ibuprofen and imigram.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the headaches?
Customer: NO
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am taking Fluvoxamine for OCD.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Since how long have you had these symptoms?

2. Is there any dizziness so severe that you need to hold on to something when you feel dizzy?

3. Do positional changes (like turning head/ turning around/ standing from sitting) induce dizziness?

4. May I know your age and gender please?

5. Are these headaches associated with nausea and vomiting and if there is vomiting does the headache get better?

6. During the headache are you in an irritable mood?

7. Does sleep make the headache better?

8. Do flashes of light like you experience while driving at night because of oncoming vehicle lights or seeing TV in a dark room or stress, precipitate headache?

9. Is the headache always one sided or does it alternate?

10. Off late have you observed any weakness of any body part?

11. Are you currently on any medication?

12. Is there any personal or family history of migraine?

13.Is there any personal or family history of seizure disorder please?

14.Does this head ache last only for few seconds with very high intensity or is it a dull nagging head ache going on for hours together?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since Tuesday of this week. My head feels sore and almost every evening builds in to a severe headaches which prevents me from sleeping.
No
During the day, once the headache has passed I feel continuously heady , turning my head of bending down makes me feel dizzy.
47, male
No vomiting
Yes
7. Does sleep make the headache better?
No, I have not slept properly since Tuesday. I am unable to sleep, only after 4 -5 hours of going to bed, and then I continuously wake up.
No
It alternates but seems to only come on in the evening.
I feel tired
Yes, I take Fluvoxamine, 100mg per day.
Yes my father used to have cluster headaches, and I have always suffered from migraines.
No
Goes on for hours, and last night turned in to a severe migraine, which is why I took Immigran which did see it off. I also often feel cold but my head it hot to touch and I have night sweats.

Hi... Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you, I feel that you are having stress or tension headache due to acute history and other possibility is migraine without Aura.

As of now the best relief you will get is from Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg taken three times a day after food.

But if your headache is recurrent and is becoming debilitating then I suggest prevention will be the best way out and the best drug for that will be tablet Propranolol started at the dose of 10 mg per day and gradually increase to 40mg per day based on the treatment response.

But Propranolol is a prescription drug and you will require medical evaluation and doctors prescription for it.

The other option is Amlodipine.

In addition to these medications, please follow -

1. Good sleep hygiene of 8 hours of sleep per day.

2. Avoid certain food like high sugar content and caffeine before bed.

3. You may consider over the counter Melatonin 5-10 mg before bed may help both headaches and sleep as well.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.