Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

Is anyone there, Can you help with ms, Loads

Hi there is anyone there
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Can you help with ms
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Loads
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife is 39yrs old, over the last 2 years her right side has become weaker and weaker. And she has had falls and collapsed a few times, more frequently now 2-3x a week.
She is determined not to attend hospital until she can’t make that decision for herself. I’m worried sick.
We wonder if it’s something like MS/MND
And these are what’s referred to as a ms hug.
When these fits come on, she can’t move, walk, talk, and she is feeling like she is doing the things she wants but the body is just not for example speaking, inside she is screaming, trying to talk, pls help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has been suffering a very irratic heart beat, thought to be down to meds a year ago but she stopped them back then and he heart all over the place very high 140bpm while sitting in a chair or down to 5bpm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it cost any extra
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to talk about my wife’s symtoms, does it cost more to chat on the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone there or is this a scam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m going to report your app to the relevant authorities as you’ve taken money and it’s a website bot, not a doctor

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff. Sorry it has taken some time to for someone to pick up your question. I promise you I am not a bot. Please allow me a few minutes to read your text.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What day is it

Thank you for your information regarding your wife, I am very sorry that she is going through this. Has she not seen anyone about this at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had a mri, what day is it

It is a Saturday sir, but I assuming you are still sceptical, but I am pretty certain my medical education is best suited to your medical question

Please do not worry, I am a doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok well I thought website bot to scam me

An offer will come up shortly re a telephone call - I cannot stop this, you do not have to accept as it will charge you more money.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m so worried she collapsed again today 2x, we had mri but nothin

She isn't under the care of a neurologist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks I can see that, but to be honest I will find it if I have to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they where looking into it then suddenly a few weeks ago we got a letter discharged due to covid,

Oh I see, that is frustrating. do you know what the MRI showed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her thought processes have become messed up, more and more with time

Okay thanks, ***** ***** your original question, unilateral symptoms go against both MND and MS. But a generalised weakness that is progressive with associated cognition/memory problems if associated with bilateral symptoms are more suggestive of MS.

If this is rapidly progressing then it would be very reasonable to attend hospital for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I remember now, Doctor didn’t give any help, as the doctor was in local hospital, they had a stand in paramedic, whio said it’s not something we are looking into as we
Need beds for covid, I didn’t go looking after kid but I’m soo mad and her heart rate, chest pains getting worse with time, all seem linked to this right sided issue, she’s dragging her foot,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I remember they tested electrical charge through body said there a problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never heard anything since but when I was in the scan the 2 doctors became very serious at one point, did the tests again and confirmed right sided neurological condition

This certainly wouldn't be the case now given hospitals are far from capacity.

I am sorry but I don't think I am going to give you answers that you haven't already been given. This is something that certainly cannot be managed of an advice website, she needs to be under the care of someone.

If she is having chest pain and a fast heart rate, she needs to go to hospital.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I think we are getting to that point, there is also mental health that she suffers from, and has done since teenager, and it’s strongly in the past family
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know we go sit there 12-16 hours before they monitor, gave bisprolol
And we there 5x in one week, had 24 exg, got a letter saying although your heart rate does go high that’s normal while excercing, even though it says 140bpm sitting in a chair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me get some cash

I see, have been through this a lot then I gather. I am happy to speak with you if you like, but this would only be as advice/discussion. I cannot request investigations, refer or prescribe through this service. I don't want you to spend your money unnecessarily

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that I just need to know what kind of thing we are dealing with and how to best manage, we’ve been together 14 years and newly married, I’m scared daft she will be dead within a year, she has lost loads of weight down to 8stone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m gonna sort payment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Less than

Okay, no problem

you are welcome to continue on here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok did the money go through

not for me to be able to start a phone call sorry, I think if the money goes through then I have the option to call you. But we can continue as a text conversation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That’s ok I’ve paif
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can talk here aswell for a min
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think is wrong with her from what we’ve discussed

Well despite the unilateral symptoms, my first thought would be a condition along the lines of MS. This is what the MRI would hopefully identify

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah us to, the mri was for her back

I see, she hasn't had an MRI of her head?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They just discharged her saying can’t deal with 2 weeks ago because of covid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neurology

So I would consider it urgent for her to have an MRI scan. Your GP can request this, they are being done. Plus routine services are restarting over the next few weeks. I feel this would warrant an urgent referral to a neurologist as well as an urgent MRI scan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay that’s great thank you for the advice there now I have paid for the phone call service is it still an option for us to have a chat

I would assume so, but I haven't been offered to call you. Is there an option your end to convert this to a call or request a call back? It is normally listed as or via a button saying premium service

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it just says requested, thanks for your help,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah don’t worry about it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for the insight and help

Great, I can now call...did you still want me to call you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks again for the chat, can you tell me what to say to them at the hospital

So I would be attending hospital due to chest pain and a fast heart rate. I would mention that your wife is having a progressive weakness and worsening memory. Could this be a space occupying lesion? However they may say inform your GP.

If they do, which wouldn't be unreasonable as it is urgent, but not an emergency, I would ask your GP for an urgent MRI head and an urgent neurology 2 week wait referral as ? a space occupying lesion or a progressive neurological condition.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah thank you, ***** ***** asleep and will take her this evening to a and e.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there I wanted to let you know that we went to the QE late last night and we are back home now. They didn’t seem to think we could be possible of spotting a potential space occupying lesion or ms. They discharged her saying it’s probably her mental health making her feel worse than she is. They did tests for heart attack and found no raised trapponin levels, which we think is obvious as she isn’t having a heart attack. So we are back to square one and the hospital won’t help her, it was very hard for her to go and to be just sent home as mental health, when it’s not, she was quite stable apart from the heart making her feel anxious and strange when it’s racing. She gets chest pains at the lowest beats per minute 50 and much faster 150 beats per minute.
I don’t know what to do next now.
Will let you know if anything occurs, as your the first person who seems to be seeing beyond her mental health conditions, and see a potential issue