Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am 48 years old and during my last period I passed

I am 48 years old and during my last period I passed something I thought was a clot but on inspection it was very hard, like a stone from a plum
JA: The Obstetrician-Gynaecologist can help. To begin, apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: Last period began 2 June, not on any contraceptives, not sexually active, have a history of P.I.D and pelvic adhesions, had one ovary removed about 12 years ago.
JA: Thanks for that. OK, more personal questions coming up I'm afraid - when was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discolouration, or unusual smells?
Customer: Last smear was November 2019, everything normal, thought I had an unusual smell but not too bad.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Obstetrician-Gynaecologist should know?
Customer: I have numerous health issues, fibromyaglia, anaemia , cancer of the right eye, migraine, scoliosis and sciatia, ibs
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. This was probably a fibrinated blood clot. It comes about when fibrin forms in the clot. It can make it appear solid or firm. Its nothing to be concerned about and does not mean anything is wrong. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.