DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

How big a risk do I have if I contract covid-19? I have

How big a risk do I have if I contract covid-19 ? I have diabetes type 2 but have been told by my Dr. that I am at the lower level. I do however take metformin 1000 mg twice a day ? I am trying to lose weight, but struggling
JA: The Endocrinologist can help. To begin, any recent weight loss/gain? Are you excessively thirsty?
Customer: I lost about 4 kg as my mother died. I am not excessively thirsty. I have a BMI of 30.9
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Endocrinologist should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I do take blood pressure pills, but again a low dosage

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Since how long you have diabetes?

How good is the control of your diabetes?

How old are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I keep it under control. It is not too far above the parameter for taking medication. I have had it for around 5 years. I am 59.

Thanks for the details

Your risk may not be very high considering you have a good control of diabetes

Also you are under 60 years of age which is a good sign as well

I think you should follow all the precautionary measures and you can do your job and hopefully you will be fine

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating