Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Ear, swollen left ear canal, on amoxocillin. over the phone

ear
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: swollen left ear canal, on amoxocillin.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a doctor about the swelling?
Customer: over the phone due to covid
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: nothing related

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Is there any pain on pressing the area? Can you please let me know about your further problems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used an otocope to view the canals, the right is fine and healthy, but the left is very red and swollen inside. It is painful but i am taking Nurofen Plus for it. There appears to be no bleeding or discharge, but the appearance of the canal is disturbing. My hearing from the ear is ok.

Are you diabetic? How old are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have made videos of both ears about 30 minutes ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
39, prediabetic, and I have gout which is managed with 300mg of Allopurinol daily.

Have you completed seven days course? Yes please share a video or pictures here by clicking the paperclip icon. I am an associate professor of ENT and can guide you. If you want a phone call, I am available to call you but please ignore the call request if you don't want it. If you don't accept and attend it, you will not be charged and if you get charged, you will get an automatic refund. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on my second day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be able to watch a .mov file format, the video was made in quicktime on a mac?

Yes please try to upload

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see a mechanism to upload the files.

There must be a paperclip icon. If you can't do then just by accepting an additional 5 dollars option, you can send it on my email. But the choice is yours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that would be fine

Are you there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just trying to upload the files to my email, they are much larger than I thought.

Ok downloading.

Just seen the right ear. Waiting for the left to download but simply amazed by your skills :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
necessity is the mother of invention, I guess.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is otitis media primarily but there is spread of infection in the canal as well because you can notice redness in the canal. You should complete the course for 7 days but should ask for 7 more days as it is important to take 14 days in such cases. It will take 3 to 4 more days to get better. If neurofen is not working well, you can take Aleve 500 mg twice daily. Avoid water entry in the ear by using oil-soaked cotton in the ear while taking a bath. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, thank you, ***** ***** what I thought but I wasn't sure due to the difference in appearance. It is very hard for me to make out the ear drum on left using the otoscope.

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to add me to your favorite doctor. Regards