Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I had Leiper suction for my body to days ago I didn’t get my

Customer Question

I had Leiper suction for my body to days ago I didn’t get my after-care advice so my question is when can I have shower?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. Its hard to answer the question with no history. What type of liposuction? Where are the incisions and how many? Are they covered with a dressing. ? Here is some general post op information
Make arrangements to have someone drive you to, and from, your surgery.Having someone stay with you on at least the first night after your surgery is highly recommended.Be sure to fill your prescriptions before your surgery since it means one less thing for you to worry about afterwards.Arrive for your surgery in loose, comfortable clothing. Your top should button or zip rather than pull over your head.Be sure to keep the small incisions, used for liposuction, clean and dry until your first post operative visit to the office. You may start to shower or, preferably, take baths, beginning 2 days after your surgery.Take the antibiotics and pain medication only as prescribed by the office.Do not take any aspirin or any anti-inflammatory compounds for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your surgery unless you first discuss it with your surgeon.If you are a smoker, you should not smoke for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery and 2 weeks after surgery. Smoking and chewing tobacco inhibit your circulation and can significantly compromise your surgical outcome.After the surgery, you will be placed in a supportive elastic neck and face garment that is to be worn continuously, unless showering, for the first 7 to 10 days. After this time, it should only be worn at night for the next 3 to 4 weeks.The sutures used to close the small incisions, may be either dissolvable or non-dissolvable. Dissolvable sutures will disappear on their own in 5 to 7 days. Non dissolvable sutures should be removed approximately 1 week after surgery.You should do no vigorous exercise and should avoid any significant physical exertion for a minimum of 3 weeks after your surgery.You should not participate in any contact sports until approved by your surgeon. Generally, you should avoid such activity for a minimum of 4 weeks after your surgery.Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.