Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Would like some dental treatment please, 5th March 2020. I

Customer Question

Would like some dental treatment please
JA: The Dentist can help. To begin, when was your last visit to the dentist? Any issues at that time?
Customer: 5th March 2020. I was advised to have an extraction which didn't happen because of lockdown. The tooth has become more sore.
JA: Thanks for that. Have you seen a dentist about the soreness? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have just finished a course of Amoxicillin 500mg. The soreness has got worse over the last few weeks.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dentist should know?
Customer: I don't think so. Are you able to be more specific please?
JA: No. I'm the Dentist's Assistant.
Customer: thank you
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff. Routine dental practice starts up again tomorrow, however only about 1/3rd are thought to be reopening and a further 1/3rd the following week. If symptoms are worsening then is certainly wise to contact a dentist to arrange a review of this.

You have the option of an NHS emergency dentist, private dentist or NHS dentist.

Please let me know if you would like assistance with any of these