Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

What the earliest you can take a pregnancy test and how many

What the earliest you can take a pregnancy test and how many weeks till it will show up positive

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You can test earliest a week after having sex though ideally, you should wait till you miss your period. It remains positive by first trimester.

This sounds like Bacterial Vaginosis (BV). It is a very common bacterial infection and is not sexually transmitted.

Ideally, you should obtain a prescription for an antibiotic known as Metronidazole (Flagyl) from your physician or Urgent Care. However, if that is not possible, given the circumstances, I will suggest that you use Boric acid suppositories, these are over the counter and you have to place one intravaginally every night before you go to bed for 3 days in a row and then one every week for 6 weeks and abstain from sexual intercourse during the first 3 days and then for 24 hours after you place the suppository every week.

You can also use 5 to 10 drops of tea tree oil mixed with an ounce of coconut oil, soak a tampon in it and place that tampon in the vagina for 30 minutes and then remove it. Do this for 4 to 5 days.

Both these measures will alleviate your symptoms.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today.
Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the “Finish with Rating” button or selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave JA today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m not about bacterial I’m on about how early does pregnancy show on a test

Sorry, the bacterial portion was posted here by error.

You can test earliest a week after having sex though ideally, you should wait till you miss your period. It remains positive by the first trimester.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem what the start of the first. Trimester

The first trimester starts from as soon as you conceive or test positive though counted from the start date of your last menstrual period.