Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have neck an muscle spasm acutely. I have tried everything

Customer Question

I have neck an muscle spasm acutely. I have tried everything and need a muscle relaxant so I can go to work tomorrow as I’m a nurse
JA: The Doctor can help. To begin, how long have you been using the muscle relaxant? Has it helped at all?
Customer: I haven’t used for this problem. But have tried nsaids, codiene, massage
JA: Thanks for that. Have you used anything besides the muscle relaxant for this?
Customer: cocodamol 30/500 and iburophen yesterday with no relief
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for your question. If you are keen to address this more urgently and require a prescription you will need to contact 111 today to get a GP appointment with an out of hours doctor.

Or alternatively attend a walk in centre.