Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am a 34 year old female I have been having acne for a the

Hi, I am a 34 year old female I have been having acne for a the past 2 years. Never had problems before that. My face is a work of art now. I am stresses with all the hyperpigmentstion and the scars. And I also keep getting new pimples. Anyway you can help please?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Just the past 2 years or so
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No.. Nothing I am also not on any contraceptives.. I belive sometimes they can cause acne as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add, I moved to the UK just last year from srilanka. Not sure if it has anything to do with the climate either. Its a lot more since the move and I have noticed my skin is more dry
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I look forward to answering your question. At your age, acne can sometimes reoccur. Your best bet is to get on a continuous birth control pill as soon as possible. The pill does not cause acne. It decreases sebum production in the glands so decreases breakouts and large cystic acne also. I’m unsure what you are using on your face. A simple regimen of a salicylic acid face wash and benzoyl peroxide spot on is most helpful. Please reply with questions and consider a positive rating. We are not compensated without a rating. thank you for using JA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, that's very helpful. Can this be bought over the counter?