Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Already bleeding for two months hurts the bottom of the

Hello, already bleeding for two months hurts the bottom of the abdomen. It is impossible for a gynecologist to get what you would advise you to do.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I've been getting the pain for 2 months know
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Naproxen 220 mg one tablet 3 times a day with food the next three days will be helpful. This will act on the hormone-like substance prostaglandin to decrease your bleeding by 30 to 50%.

This duration and amount of bleeding can cause anemia and it is high time that it is investigated by an ultrasound and blood investigations.

To stop excessive bleeding/ prolonged period;

You would be prescribed cyklokapron or Tranexamic Acid/Ethamsylate. You may have to be put on the hormones. Following are the options;

1) Progestins

2) Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist; expensive

3) Danazol

4) Oral contraceptive pills.

Your GP can write these medications to you.

The following can be the causes of your prolonged bleeding:

1) Fibroids and polyps of the uterus

2) Endometrial hyperplasia; due to high estrogen.

3) Bleeding disorders.

4) Hyperinsulinemia

5) Both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism

6) High prolactin

7) Coagulation disorders.

8) Infections.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Stay safe,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where could I get the medicine from? How do I know which one to get?

Naproxen is available without the prescription.

You may take a multivitamin and iron supplements also, that also is over the counter.

Oral contraceptives or other medications can be written by your GP as these are by the prescription.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.